Monday, December 15, 2014

Plans, interrupted

I had modest sewing plans for the holidays this year. I thought I would make pillow shams--two sets of two--and finish up one or both of the quilt tops I made a few months ago. I ended up making zipper pouches for M's teachers and tote bags for three colleagues. And just this morning I finally basted one of the quilt tops. (The other one will be postponed until January.)

Cruella has certainly thrown a wrench into my plans, although sewing is always a welcome distraction. I have a few more work days to get through, too. Then we pack, travel, unpack, travel again, and finally rest for a long weekend before returning to the real world.

One of my favorite blogs, Habit, is ending. I love the introspective, wistful, warm reflections paired with beautiful snapshots of life. I will miss it when it is gone. Maybe I will just have to start over and revisit the original posts... Or learn to take a decent photograph of my own.

I had thought his blog would be a place to document my sewing journey. I don't know if that is still true. I've never shared it. And a (secret) sewing blog with few to no photographs really isn't worthwhile.

Just a few weeks ago I thought the most pressing concern before me was how to celebrate my 40th birthday in April. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Now, with the new year looming, I'm not sure I even feel like making any resolutions. Maybe a sewing to do list. Maybe not. I also thought I would be planning travel. Some with family (disneyworld in May?), some with the Artist (Hawaii? Europe?)... Rescheduling that passport appointment is at the bottom of the to do list, and planning trips below that.

I feel fine. In some ways this all feels inevitable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment